Seriously one of the best banana breads ever!
- 200g wholewheat self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 over ripe bananas
*Note: This can be made with gluten-free flour but ensure you add 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C and grease a tin
- Combine flour (or gluten-free flour with baking powder), and cinnamon in a bowl and gently whisk together
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan or in the microwave – leave to one side
- Mash bananas in a separate bowl, then whisk in eggs and honey/maple syrup
- Gently fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture, once mixed, fold in the coconut oil
- Pour into greased tin and bake for 30-40 minutes
- Once baked leave to cool
Perfect with a cup of tea and try not to eat it all in one day!